How to Apply As A Vendor

All Vendors interested in working for AHA must provide a W-9, proof of General Liability Insurance, and, if they are going to provide any services on our properties, proof of Workers’ Compensation Insurance, or explanation of any exemption from a Workers Compensation requirement on company letterhead, signed by the appropriate company representative.

If you are a vendor with which we do not currently have a contract, we need to be listed as a Certificate Holder for your insurance. If we have a contract with you, we will need to be listed as an Additional Insured.

Vendors who do not provide us with the necessary information will be placed on the Contact List, only. If you are interested in being placed on our Contact List, please fill out the form below.

The amount of General Liability coverage required by the Aurora Housing Authority is as follows:

  small business corporation
General aggregate    $500,000 $1,200,000 (1.2Mil)
Product -comp/op Agg    $600,000 $600,000
Personal & ADV Injury    $500,000 $500,000
Each Occurrence    $500,000 $500,000
Fire Damage(any Fire)    $100,000 $250,000
Med Exp.(one person only)    $5,000 $10,000

We require this insurance not just of the main contractor, but of every (sub)contractor with one or more employees.

Independent contractors must be engaged in an independent trade, occupation, or service; must be free from control; and have no workers. Independent contractors must provide proof of General Liability Insurance and fill out an “Independent Contractor Status” form. This form is available directly at the Housing Authority as well as via the link below. Please return the original notarized form to the attention of Meera Dane. This form cannot be faxed or emailed to us as it is a two-part form that requires notarization. Independent contractors who would like to pick the form up at the Housing Authority may contact Meera Dane by mail, email, or phone.

Businesses who subcontract out Independent Contractors may not work on Housing Authority Properties.

Section 3 of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968 ensures that employment, training and contracting generated by certain HUD financial assistance shall, to the greatest extent feasible, be directed to low- and very low-income persons…and to business concerns which provide economic opportunities to (those) persons.  We can and often will use a preference for Section 3 businesses. Our goal is to make at least 10% of the dollar amount of Construction Contracts, 3% of the dollar amount of Non-Construction Contracts from eligible Section 3 businesses.

Register yours at