FREE Housing Locator Service for Tenants and Landlords
As of July 1, 2013, the Housing Authority of the City of Aurora (AHA) switched to use ColoradoHousingSearch.com to match up Section 8 Housing Choice voucher holders with landlords participating in the program. AHA discontinued all private landlord listings on July 1, 2013.
ColoradoHousingSearch.com is a free, housing locator service jointly sponsored by Colorado Housing and Finance Authority (CHFA) and the Colorado Division of Housing with collaboration from multiple agencies as a public service to the residents of Colorado. The fast, easy-to-use, free search lets people look for rental and for-sale housing using a wide variety of criteria and special mapping features. The service also provides links to housing resources and helpful tools for renters, home buyers, and property managers. It can be accessed online 24 hours a day and is supported by a toll-free, bilingual call center available Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 6:00 pm MDT.
Property owners and managers, including private landlords, can use this service to manage their property listings FREE of charge. Listings can include pictures, maps, and information about nearby amenities. Property owners and housing authorities can register and manage their listings online or via phone and fax.
The benefits to landlords include:
- Add and update property listings for free via the Internet or with a quick, toll-free phone call.
- Post extensive details about rentals, such as number of bedrooms and baths, location (with map link), rent and deposit information, utility specifics, special amenities, photos, eligibility requirements and much more.
- Reduce calls on rented properties by marking listings as “unavailable” immediately when rented. Re-list units with a few mouse clicks when available again.
- List properties by registering online: Colorado Housing Search online landlord registration page or register by phone: 1-877-428-8844
- Frequently asked questions about Colorado Housing Search can be found here: Listing FAQs
Tenants will be able to:
- Search by city
- Search by specific housing types (apartment, single family home
- Search by bedroom size and rent range
- Search listing for specific amenities using the advanced search tool
You may log on today to learn more of the free benefits offered by ColoradoHousingSearch.com.